Monday, June 2, 2014

Parallel finish

         
    This project was really different from others. We had to find an event and make a project for it without using specific items from the event. The project is one big metaphor. We were also told to try to make a connection with this project, which is what I did. I am going on a mission trip to Haiti over the summer and so I thought I'd use an event from there- the big earthquake. So I had gotten a box from work (again) and destroyed it (thanks to my older brother for helping with the destruction). The destruction of the box represents the destruction and devastation from the earthquake, and the rose represents the lives, hope, and love that are still found in Haiti. The colorful background is also kind of like the types of items (like blankets) that you can find there. (And thanks to Mr. Sands for helping with the photos) 


Did your work take an unexpected turn due to a mistake or did something happen that was unplanned?
My brother and I destroyed the box a little too much, so the side came apart and the bottom came off. I was going to glue it back together in class, but I ended up just laying the box on the bottom and laying the top on the box. It created a more artist ruined look upon the box. I liked it a lot better than what it would have looked if I had glued the box back together.

Did you try something that you weren’t sure about as part of this project?
Well I usually don't use items like boxes or flowers; I usually draw patterns and things like that on a sheet of paper. This time I wanted to go outside of my comfort zone a little. I knew I had a box I wanted to use, but I wasn't sure about anything else I wanted to do. I ended up destroying the box and using a rose to help show the meaning of the project. It's a lot different than what I usually do, and I wasn't really sure about any of it.












No comments:

Post a Comment